Thursday, February 7, 2013

Words are powerful

If you feel something strong enough to put it in written form, I think you need to be prepared for the affect those words may have because once they are down... you can't take them back.  I think we all have moments where we are swept away in an emotion or a feeling and perhaps will say things that might be true in that moment but not necessarily how you feel all the time. 

When emotions are raw then the words that are used between people dealing with those emotions hold a heavy weight... more so than perhaps if things weren't so raw.  I just find it interesting upon refection,  how powerful words can be.  I think it is further interesting when people are surprised by the consequences of things they may say.  I am challenging myself to be better at what I say and when... Is it really how I feel or am I running off of emotion that may change the next day?  I find that I am guilty of that from time to time.

The words that hold the most weight for me right now, My kids expressions of Love.  Yesterday, I had two of my boys come up and just hug me and say I love you mom.  No reason for it, they just felt it.  The love of your kids is such a natural high!  Hearing them express it, even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment