Sunday, March 25, 2012

I have a drive to fix things. It has always been there. I don't like when people are hurting. My Mom use to give me a hard time because she said I was always trying to help the underdog. I don't think I have changed much. I hated Mega mind the first time I watched it... everyone was laughing but I was crying. I could feel his pain at not being accepted and I was upset to see him change because of it. Further on in the movie when she couldn't see the good in him and he was walking a way in the rain my heart was hurting. I believe their is good in everyone. I have a hard time believing that people choose to hurt each other on purpose. I cant stand when my kids pick on each other. I always tell them that there are going to be enough people outside our doors that are going to try and beat you down. In our home we build each other up. We protect each others feelings and make it safe to be who you want to be without fear of being made fun of or judged. This is still a work in progress as kids are kids and mine are no different. They compete with one another and they hurt each other when they feel like they don't matter. They are wonderful however and I love snuggling with them and laughing and listening to them play.

No comments:

Post a Comment